Spring is right around the corner. The early flowers are starting to bud, and the wind carries birdsongs. But, your chickens have to wait a little longer for some delicious dirt to scratch through! Keep them entertained in the meantime with this DIY flock block created by the President of Chickenlandia. Packed full of protein and nutritious ingredients, they’ll peck at it instead of each other. The recipe can be found beneath the video for more granular details. But warning, this smells so good you might want to eat it too!
- 3/4 cup black strap molasses
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups chicken feed (I love Scratch and Peck feed, raw mash feeds work best)
- 2 cups grubs or scratch
- 1 cup cracked corn
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup herbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
You will also need these for baking:
medium size mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add wet to dry, and combine well.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper and shape the ingredients into a block in the pan.
- Cook at 350 for 40-45 minutes. (Oven times may vary)
- Let cool. remove from pan, and serve!
Shared with permission from Chickenlandia. Creation and recipe rights all belong to Welcome to Chickenlandia. Disclaimer Notice: The content of the Welcome to Chickenlandia YouTube Channel, website, blog, vlog, and all social media is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Dependence on any information appearing on the Welcome to Chickenlandia YouTube Channel, website, blog, vlog, and social media sites is entirely at your own risk. Please do your own research and make your own informed decisions regarding the health of your chickens.